We’re open to anyone who would like to walk and enjoy our amazing countryside.
Non-members are welcome to come along to up to three walks or events before paying any membership fees. Just check out the programme and contact the event/walk leader for full details.
However, please note that membership is needed in order to benefit from COG’s insurance cover at events.
Becoming a member
So… you’ve been on a few walks and now you want to join us… great! Rates are shown below:
Standard rate: £15 per adult from 1 December 2016.
Reduced rate: £12 per adult from 1 December 2016.*
Children and under 18 year olds pay £2 a year membership to cover insurance costs from 1 December 2016.
* You are entitled to the reduced rate if: you are on a low income or are experiencing financial difficulties. Quarterly payments maybe an option – apply to the membership secretary. If you can afford it, then please support COG by opting for the standard rate.
Children and under 18 year olds: To participate in COG events children and under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult COG member.
Programme mail-outs: £10 per year.
Programmes are emailed to members as standard. If you would like to receive the programmes as a hard copy there is an additional charge to cover the costs of printing and postage. Exceptionally, you may apply to the membership secretary to waive this fee if you are on a low income or experiencing financial difficulties and have no access to the internet at home or at a nearby library.
Please print off the application form, complete it and return with your cheque payable to Cardiff Outdoor Group to the Membership Secretary (address on application form). If you would like an application form to be sent out to you, or if you have any queries about membership then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can join on-line using Paypal (please note you do NOT need a Paypal account to use this facility). To do this Click Here .
As a valued COG member, you will be sent a membership card upon joining which entitles you to receive discounts at the following local outdoor stores:-
- Up and Under – discounts vary but could be up to 18% – ask in store
- Millets and Blacks – 10% discount – through YHA affiliation
- Cotswold Outdoor 15% discount on all non-sale/non-offer products – through YHA affiliation – currently Cardiff city centre store only but hopefully will be extending to online purchases and UK stores
- YHA accommodation discount – COG members who are also YHA members get a 15% discount at YHA hostels
- Berghaus – 10% discount – Bridgend designer outlet store only